One of the most popular and attractive options for building a deck is composite decking. This type of decking material is made from a blend of wood fibers and plastic, and it is designed to be durable and easy to maintain. While it is an attractive option, it is important to understand the pros and cons of composite decking materials before making a decision on which type of decking you should use.
Pros of Composite Decking Materials
- Composite decking materials are extremely durable and resistant to weather, rot, and insect damage.
- Composite decking is low-maintenance and easy to clean with soap and water.
- Composite decking is available in a variety of colors and styles, so you can customize your deck to fit your personal style.
- Composite decking is easy to install and can be done by a DIYer with the proper tools and materials.
- Composite decking can be customized with accessories, such as deck lighting or a railing system.
Cons of Composite Decking Materials
- Composite decking is usually more expensive than wood decking materials.
- Composite decking materials can become hot in direct sunlight and may be uncomfortable to walk on.
- Composite decking materials can be slippery when wet and may require special non-slip treatments.
When deciding whether or not to use composite decking materials, it is important to weigh the pros and cons and consider your budget. When done properly, composite decking can be a great option for anyone looking to upgrade their outdoor space. For more information about composite decking materials, contact Terra Decks for a consultation.